Thursday, May 24, 2012

Farmer's markets, friends and USAA

Another glorious day in the Pacific Northwest! I went to an amazing Farmer's Market with two new friends from work today. Gotta love farmer's market's the PNW: in addition to the assorted fruit, vegetable and craft stands, this market offered great Indian, German, Italian, Japanese and Mexican cuisine....all to the background of live jazz music! It was great! I purchased fresh jam, asparagus, apples that the grower let us try first, and lovely hand cream (very necessary for a job in which you wash your hands a hundred times a shift!). My friends and I then ambled down the block to a local wine store owned by a husband and wife team who were able to talk knowledgeably about every kind of wine we had questions about!  It was so much fun!

 On my way back from the farmer's market, I stopped at the only Barne's and Noble I could find in Tacoma and bought not one but TWO books as an early birthday present. I was walking jauntily along back to my car when I realized that I didn't have my keys. Not even that I couldn't find them in my purse, which is a pretty regular occurence, but that they were just not THERE. I rushed back to the Fit and saw the keys, sitting on my driver's side seat, glinting merrily in the sunlight. Bastards! Luckily, I remembered that my USAA auto insurance comes with free roadside assistance, which I called (because I at least had my phone in my purse!). Ten minutes and one chocolate cookie mocha frappacino later, the unlocker person was there and I was back on my way! Woohoo!!

  I'm now sitting on the sunny lawn of my landlady's house, enjoying the remainder of the afternoon. After I finish this, I'm going to start reading my new book by Julian Fellowes, who created Downton Abbey!! So although I'm in DA withdrawal as they film season 3 in the UK, I'm ensconced in another of Mr. Fellowes' delightful creations!

Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Does USAA have a limit on the number of times you call .... you have been locking your keys in the car ever since you learned to drive! I am glad they are nearby to help:)

    ReplyDelete