Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ahh.....

I'm off! I've been working quite a lot, mostly thanks to the crazy start-up schedule, but now I've some time to relax and reflect and cook my meals for the next week. On the menu: roasted carrots, potatoes and mushrooms, and also garlic-herb baked chicken with broccoli.

 It's a rainy, sleepy day here in the Pacific Northwest, and I'm happy to be relaxing into it. I'm so happy with this ER. It's very well-run, well-staffed and functional. In fact, I've never worked in such a functional ER. There is help when codes come in, there is help when you're overwhelmed with sick patients, the techs are AMAZING and professional- I actually got the stink-eye from one tech when I was washing a patient's laceration out. She said, "I was just coming in here to do that! You don't have to do that!" in an offended, slightly aghast tone. I apologized (really!?) and left to do something else....amazing. The nurses have been really welcoming and I'm going to a farmer's market in Tacoma tomorrow with a group of them. All in all, the only thing that is hard is switching back to days for my days off, but that's even getting to be okay.

  Tacoma is a lovely little city, and I like Puyallup too. Even if they don't have an Ann Taylor Loft. Which is, frankly, kind of shocking. I am thinking more and more seriously about staying in this area and making this home. It feels good to be here, and I'm happy with the people and the place. I think I'll make the move toward Seattle from Tacoma, but this is a good way-station. The Dog is settling in to life as a pack dog, and starting to relish her dog friends here at Anita's house.

 Overall, life is just very pleasant right now. I'm so glad I took this chance to come West!

No comments:

Post a Comment