Sunday, April 7, 2013

Random Rainy Day Thoughts in Seattle

1. Why does The Dog get grumpy when I take her to the off-leash dog park? Other dogs tried to sniff her and she'd annoyed-snarl (you know, more "Back off, buddy," than "I'm going to eat you!") and trot back over to me. Was she having a bad day? Didn't like the rain? Thought she was protecting me? Who knows. Sigh.

2. I like getting carded when I'm at the grocery store buying a bottle of wine. I know they have to card everyone. I still like it!

3. Helping someone I really like put his dryer on top of his washer and bolting it down is more fun than going to the symphony and dinner with someone I don't really care about. That's so nice.

4. After a total of almost 6 years of Seattle living, I think that we women of Seattle don't wear makeup not because we're so fresh-faced and healthy living (though we're that, too), but because it is a pain to get mascara and eye makeup down your face on a rainy day. Much easier to just go sans makeup!

5. I still get goosebumps when I'm driving or running and look up to see the Cascades on one side, and/or the Olympics on the other. It's awesome.

6. Running in the rain with a dear friend is the best way to start a Sunday morning!

That's all. Hope everyone is having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment