Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day off!

I really love days off like today. Awoke refreshed and ready to start the day! I walked The Dog, had coffee, went to lunch (and shopping! dangerous!) with a friend from nursing school and work, and had a great run with The Dog. Just a short one, but nice to get one in as always. And the highlight of my day is that I FINALLY got a bone that my 8 year old dog is interested in. Normally, she is THRILLED with whatever toy/bone I buy her....for about three seconds, after which it loses it's "newness" and she moves on to more pressing matters, like sleep. But I have triumphed, after 6.5 years of coexistence! The key, it appears, is to buy a bone with a filling. She's been paying scant attention to me and is lying on her dog bed, tail wagging, chewing apart the bone. This makes me very happy. Good dog. :)

I'm reading a good book, The Full Moon Bride, by Shobhan Bantwal, for book club. She's a great writer. The character has a very clear voice and feels "real." I'm only about a third of the way through the book and am enjoying the plot, characters, writing style and experience of reading the book. Good stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment