Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Been a while, eh?

So, I'm in a bit of a transition.

Actually, I've been in a transition all year. The transition from girlfriend/assumed fiance to single lady, from renter/moocher to homeowner, and now from shiny new ED nurse to transfer ED nurse. And which of these am I most nervous about? The former. I'm basking in the comfort of a well-earned reputation. I'm earnestly passing on my knowledge and thumbs up to my (very, very competent and smart and funny!) new preceptee. All the while, I realize that this is temporary and I'm soon to give up my reputation, the knowledge of the right phone numbers, or people, to contact when things are needed. The sure smile when you see a patient, knowing (and more importantly, trusting) your doc, your tech, your transporter. And all that will change in a few weeks, when I'm the new RN, the one who is going to be tested, who isn't going to be trusted. You don't realize the comfort and peace you've built until you let it go, purposely. But. This is growth. This is moss NOT growing on a (perpetually) rolling stone. So I have faith that it'll be worth it. And you know what? If it's not, then on to the next. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment